CentOS/RH 5 Samba as PDC+NIS w/o LDAP?

Matthew Gillen wrote:
> Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>> I presume there will be no problem with users simultaneously logging
>> into multiple workstations, be it Linux or Windows?
>
> No problem, unless the user-level apps conflict (ie Firefox locks the
> profile so only one linux instance can work at a time, firefox in windows
> one depends on the configuration; ie by default).

Oops, forgot to finish my sentence: by default windows will make a copy of
the user's profile and use it locally.  You can disable this behavior and
make it more like the NIS+NFS approach were the user's profile is always on
the server (this makes login/logout much faster), but it's kind of a pain
(requires a group policy and a login script I think).

Oh, by the way, I dug up my old configs (I don't use this configuration
anymore, it wasn't worth the hassle for 2 users on my home network).
Here's a script I have in /home/netlogon/:
$ cat ntlogon.bat
echo ******************************
echo * HOME DRIVE                 *
echo ******************************
net use h: \\server\homes
echo ******************************
echo *     Synchronizing Time     *
echo ******************************
net time \\server /set /yes

And the a snippet from my old smb.conf file:
[global]
        domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	logon script = ntlogon.bat