Re: Sendmail Error

 Dave Peters wrote:
> Jan 17 09:11:22 localhost sendmail[1921]:
> m0D8DJCo027134: to=<[hidden email]>,
> delay=4+05:58:03, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
> pri=9420616, relay=datapipe.net., dsn=4.0.0,
> stat=Deferred: Name server:datapipe.net.: host name
> lookup failure

I suspect this is that the receiving server couldn't find either a
reverse lookup or an MX record for the sending server. Alot of mail
servers will reject mail from a machine that doesn't have a reverse
lookup or an MX record. Usually, if there isn't an MX record, it will
complain about it being an "Unroutable domain". This is for the sending
machine mind you, and has nothing to do with the addressees in the email.
Grant M.
--
Grant Mongardi
Senior Systems Engineer