Re: Complain against comcast

 Matt Shields wrote:
> Possibly, but there are legitimate reason not to block it and not
> everyone is using it to spam.

That's perhaps an understatement. :-)

I'd guess that there has been a fraction of a percent of Comcast cable
modem users who have chosen to intentionally send spam. The rest are
people with poorly maintained computers that have been taken over by
zombies. That problem is easily addressed by blocking outbound port 25
by default, but permit it to be unblocked upon request. A user who knows
enough to ask for it to be unblocked is fairly unlikely to be hosting
zombies.

Of course the spam argument doesn't really apply to blocking inbound
port 25.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro