Re: Anti-recommendation: Comcast.

 Crumcast has always been a pain. Back when I was using them, they would
typically take down their network at night unannounced -- right at the
time I was doing my best work. When I complained to them about this, they
gave me some song and dance about upgrading their network and they chose
to take it down when the "least number of people would be impacted." I
pleaded with them to give me a day's notice before doing that so I could
schedule around it, but they apparently did not consider me an important
enough of a customer to offer this basic -- and expected -- courtesy.

Consequently, when Fios became available, I was more than happy to dump
Crumcast despite my distaste for Verizon. To my surprise and delight,
Verizon got it right this time, and their Fios service has been rock solid
with *no* downtime at all. I've had it for what must be nearing 2 years
now.

No downtime, runs circles around Crumcast, and does not slow during "peak
hours". I still can't believe this is Verizon!

-Fred

believed to be clean.