Re: I really prefer Linux over everything else

 I totally have to dissagree with you, macs are sweet and awesome and
beautiful. I have never seen a better display, relibality, applications suit
and support for my mac pro. It comes with everything you could ever dream of
except for photoshop, but the thing about it is... it just works, all the
time.... I want to play a dvd? I open up, the dvd player, I want to edit a
movie, iMovie, I want to burn a cd? Built in, I want to burn a dvd? Go to
iDVD... the thing is, I CAN do all of that in linux but i've had such a
hastle doing it that I haven't found it to be worth it... and I would have
to pay to be able to do all of the above in windows.

The thing that I love linux for is learning about OSes, how they work, open
source and really serious development. ATM at work we are using windows IDE
stuff to write the program on and it's okay... but it's a pain in the ass to
do much of anything without an icon. Linux is great for development, I would
even say better then mac, but i'm a cli junkie and emacs under mac isn't so
nice... Also linux got the key bindings correct, but for normal every day
use, I really prefer mac over linux, for useful programing and learning
bits... I always prefer linux. ~Ben