Re: I really prefer Linux over everything else

 On Sunday 20 January 2008 11:47:37 am Kent Borg wrote:
> Something that is surprisingly nicer on Ubuntu: DVD playback.  On Ubuntu
> I can just start watching.  On a Macintosh I have to wait through the
> mandatory trailers and other nonsense.  Being properly licensed, Apple
> is obligated to to honor the disc's "you must watch" settings.  Ubuntu,
> being unauthorized, has applications that let me skip right to the content.

Uh, there's nothing stopping you from using a different application for DVD
playback to get the same thing on Mac OS X as well. I don't know what Ubuntu
uses by default for DVD playback, but on OS X, you can simply install VLC or
mplayer (two of the popular apps that can play back DVDs on Linux), and set
it up as the app to launch on DVD insertion instead of Apple's DVD player.

--
Jarod Wilson
[hidden email]

believed to be clean.