Re: How long to setup a new system?

 On 1/29/08, Jarod Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Idealism vs. convenience is a big trade-off. Fedora sticks to the
> ideal that only completely free software (typically as dictated by US
> courts) is included in the distribution, and even pointing people at
> how to get something like libdvdcss is avoided, due to the fear of
> possible contributory infringement. Unfortunately, we repeatedly get
> our asses handed to us because of it, by other distributions with
> company headquarters well outside the jurisdiction of the US
> courts... ;)

Jarod, in all fairness, Fedora still uses bits which are restricted.
In fact, the only distro that I know doesn't use them is an official
Canonical distro labeled Gobuntu.  Do you somehow disagree with that?
Without some of the bits in Fedora, you would never get Linux
installed an working on some laptops.  This is generally a problem
with binary firmware.  Are you saying Fedora does not include any of
this firmware :-?
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/gobuntu
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."

believed to be clean.