Desktop Window Splits with an LCD Monitor

 Jerry and group,

I'm soliciting advice for setting up the horizontal synch with an LCD
monitor and an older Dell PC with integrated graphics(I think).

While installing UBUNTU, text information displays reasonably. The
desktop display sets itself to 1600x1200, which is more than the X2Gen
LCD monitor is rated for. When I change the resolution to the rated
1280x1024, the desktop window splits into two parts, with a dark
vertical stripe near the middle of the viewing area. The left part of
the window appears on the right and the right part of the window appears
on the left.

But the display works OK with an old CRT monitor. But I'd prefer to use
the larger LCD monitor. I've had this LCD problem with the window
separating into two parts with various distributions.

Paul Jameson

believed to be clean.