Re: Cygwin/Rsync

 Paul wrote:
> I am running rsync...to a Server 2003 machine.
>
> If I try to use a network share from another 2003 box I cant get it to
> work. I get:
>
> [3076] rsync: chdir failed
>
> Is there a different syntax used for network drives as opposed to
> local drives?

It shouldn't be if it is mounted as a drive letter.

Some versions of Cygwin use the syntax /cygdrive/d where d is the drive
letter. So for example, for C:/WINNT/Profiles I have the following in a
rsyncd.conf on a Cygwin installation of rsyncd:

path = /cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles

The other point to consider is whether you should run rsyncd directly on
the other server whose filesystem is being mounted on the main Server
2003 machine. Using the network file system will generate a ton of
network traffic on your LAN, as rsyncd will need to scan the entire file
system, and depending on the options you specified, every byte of the
files to generate checksums.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro