Update on video players in OpenSuSE

 Thanks again for all that good advice on media player installs. After many unhappy installs of xine and mplayer RPM's, I ended up using vlc which I downloaded from videolan.org using their/SuSe's "1-click" button which then activates the Yast2 installer. Way easy, and that package included all of the needed binaries, so the install worked perfectly, with the movies and other media playing reliably. Just in time! And the Kmix survived as well.

A great learning lesson on installing otherwise not well supported packages off Packman and other sites. Those dependencies can be a real hassle at times but that is also part of the allure of Linux.

Thanks again, Randy Hofland