Re: Quick Ubuntu question

 On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At the installfest, I needed to make some changes to the boot process
>  by adding a kernel parameter. In this case, I
>  edited /boot/grub/menu.lst. However, I found that sometimes Ubuntu
>  changes this back after an update. Is there a way via a system
>  configuration menu to set parameters. In this case, I turned off
>  splash, set verbose, and set noacpi.

Yep, it was right there in the menu.lst file. It includes a template
that Ubuntu uses when generating new entries. It starts out:

### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
## lines between the AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST markers will be modified
## by the debian update-grub script except for the default options below

## DO NOT UNCOMMENT THEM, Just edit them to your needs

## ## Start Default Options ##
## default kernel options
## default kernel options for automagic boot options
## If you want special options for specific kernels use kopt_x_y_z
## where x.y.z is kernel version. Minor versions can be omitted.
## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8=root=/dev/hdc1 ro
##      kopt_2_6_8_2_686=root=/dev/hdc2 ro
# kopt=root=UUID=ec909078-a643-4f73-aeef-c4bb7aa69d28 ro

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche &amp; Associates, LLC

believed to be clean.