Re: vnc listen to 127.0.0.1:5900

 Dave Peters wrote:
> I try to setup vnc server. I got access deny error.
> It seems it is listen to 127.0.0.1. How can I change
> it not to listen the loop back?

In my experience VNC has always listened for connections on the public
address, once remote connections were enabled. How that is accomplished
depends on the particular VNC server you are using. In Ubuntu, for
example, from within X you go to System -> Preferences -> Remote Desktop
and enable the appropriate options.

> Also I edit /etc/services and add vnc port 5900, 5901
> and 5902
>
> Do I need to restart /etc/services or how to restart
> it?

There is no "services" service. /etc/services is just a central database
that is used by many networking applications. I doubt VNC makes any use
of it. But declaring the VNC ports will make your netstat output a tad
more friendly.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro