re: t41 wireless

Jim KR writes:
> I'm not familiar with ubuntu, but with F8 I have to use
> madwifi drivers for my atheros card. The kernel version does
> not yet seem to address all cards. I don't remember
> thinkpads using atheros chips, so is this an external card?

nope, internal wireless.  lshw -C network gives:

  *-network:1 DISABLED
       product: AR5212 802.11abg NIC
       vendor: Atheros Communications, Inc.
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:02:02.0
       logical name: wifi0
       version: 01
       serial: 00:05:4e:46:3b:76
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: bus_master cap_list logical ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ath_pci ip=192.168.0.6 latency=168 maxlatency=28 mingnt=10 module=ath_pci multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11g

it looks as though ath_pci should do the trick.  whatever,
fwiw at least iwlist ath0 scan ferrets out the neighborhood
nodes.

dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave