Re: How to set up ssl authentication for outgoing mail

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Recently Comcast started to require that I use port 587 as the outgoing
> port to access smtp.comcast.net, as well as ssl and authentication. I
> was able to test this with claws mail sending using my comcast address,
> I'm not exactly sure how to set up ssl and authentication.
> Port 587 is easy: relayhost = smtp.comcast.net:587
>
> But, I was not sure where to set up the authentication in main.cf and
> supporting files for postfix.

Note that you'll no longer be able to receive port 25 traffic either, since
the block is both directions.  If you complain loudly enough, they'll take the
port 25 block off your account.  It might take multiple calls until you get
someone who doesn't have their head up their a$$ though...

Matt

believed to be clean.