Postponement of Boston UserGroups Virtualization Event

 I announced the postponement of today's event yesterday as soon as I found out. Here is Dan Stolts' official explanation. Dan is president of Boston User Groups. The event was cosponsored by several of the Boston User Groups member groups including the BLU, and we did have a Linux presence.

We are very sorry for the late notice.  Due to several problems we have had with registration and speakers we are forced to cancel the Virtualization Deep Dive Day scheduled for tomorrow Aug 15th 2008.   For all that are registered for this event we will automatically transfer your registration to the new event.  If you are not able to attend the newly scheduled event we will be happy to refund 100% of the price you paid for the event.  To take advantage of this refund, just send an email to board at windowsboston.com <http://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/officers><mailto:board at windowsboston.com <http://lists.blu.org/mailman/listinfo/officers>> with "Virtualization Refund Request" in the subject.  Please include your name, phone number, full mailing address and your email address.
For compensation for the inconvenience to those that were registered for this event you will also be eligible for a 10% discount on the next BUG event you wish to attend (offer valid for 2 years).  If you supplied a valid email with your registration, an email with this discount will be emailed to you.
We do not have a new date for this event due to the very short notice of the cancellation.  All we can say for sure is that there will be at least 6 weeks notice given to the newly scheduled event.  This will give everyone plenty of time to reserve the spot on their calendars.
We hope that our sponsors will support us at the event when it does happen but either way, we ask that you help us in showing our appreciation to these companies for sponsoring this event. (Trust me, they are at least as disappointed as you and I)

Event Sponsors
  Microsoft (www.microsoft.com<http://www.microsoft.com/>); (blogs.technet.com/danstolts)
  Bay State Integrated Technology, Inc. (www.baystatetechnology.com<http://www.baystatetechnology.com/>)
  All Systems (www.allsystem.com<http://www.allsystem.com/>)