Re: Flatbed Scanner

 >>>>> "dan" == dan  <[hidden email]> writes:

    dan> I strongly recommend VueScan, http://www.hamrick.com/

That looks like a good program, and at first glance I hoped it would
solve this problem.  There is an advanced option for setting the
resolution, so I set it to 600.

Unfortunately, this is just as slow as scanning at 2400.  Probably
because vuescan is just as stuck with the limitations of the driver as
xsane is, and the option to scan at 600 is just scanning at 2400 and
converting down to 600.

I can live with the actual scan being slow as long as I can do other
things while I'm doing it, but this makes the whole computer unusable
for several minutes per scan.

So back to my other question, would doubling the memory from 1G to 2G
help?

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Strong hope is a much greater stimulant of life than any realized joy
could be.

Nietzsche

believed to be clean.