Re: Flatbed Scanner

    Mike> My home setup has 4 gigs of ram and the office one has only
    Mike> 1 gig of ram. I have scanned several images, documents,
    Mike> etc... at varying dpi including 600 dpi.

Have you really done a full page at 600 dpi?  On the one gig machine?
iscan keeps telling me I need to use a lower resolution or a smaller
area.  It seems to be being very polite about not using my swap space,
but I made that swap partition for a reason.  And doing two scans for
every page might be even slower than letting xsane use all my swap
space.

I'm really thinking it might make sense to return this scanner and try
something else.

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

The dipsomaniac and the abstainer are not only both mistaken, but they
both make the same mistake: They both regard wine as a drug and not as
a drink.

G. K. Chesterton

believed to be clean.