File transfer performance display?

Cole Tuininga <colet-KCgK2vT7wad/90uGnh1m2w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 18:10 -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
>> John Abreau wrote:
>> > If cstream gives you the output you want, try replacing \n with \r:
>> >
>> >     ssh host run-program | cstream -T 5 -o localfile | tr '\012' '\015'
>>
>> That was my thought as well. Here's a slightly heavier weight version
>> that came to mind first:
>>
>> ssh host run-program | cstream -T 5 -o localfile | perl -pe 'tr/\n/\r/'
>
> Just a small point, but most systems come with an actual "tr" command
> that is lighter weight than firing up a perl interpreter.  :)

Right, and that didn't work -- probably because there's no "flush"
to force the output.

I'm having other issues with this new system of mine, so I might just
drop the cstream completely.  I'm having strange buffer flushing
issues that didn't exist before.   Clearly I'm going to have to
fix the underlying issue in my main system once I get back.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available