eepc question

Bill Ricker wrote:

> I am not complaiing ... although I can't stand the "Genius Bar" attitude of
> "did you make an appointment with your broken computer to come in to make an
> appointment?

Well, you COULD make an appointment once you're in the store by using
one of their computers. But by then they're probably already booked for
the day. Still, I give the Apple Store points for having demo computers
that have FULL internet access so you can try them out to your heart's
content.

Now, their hiring attitudes... that's another story. They called me up
twice to participate in their hiring seminars for the new store, and I
went. I was not one of the chosen ones for another round of interviews
either time. When I finally visited the flagship store, the reason was
obvious; I saw about 30 employees on the floor, not a one of whom looked
over 40, let alone 50. I was far from the only person at the hiring
thing in my age cohort, and I can't imagine that we were ALL
incompetent, so I'm convinced that we just didn't fit in with the image
they are trying to project. It's possible that the EEOC might be
interested, but personally I don't want to get involved with lawyers and
law suits.