virtualizing...

You can always run a second X session on another console, and
run the Windows guest expanded to full-screen within that.
Something like

    startx /usr/bin/twm -- :1

Then toggle between them with Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.
If you don't specify an alternate startup item like twm, then
gnome will notice that you're already running a gnome session,
and exit from the :1 session immediately.