PulseAudio: who is happy with it?

On Friday 30 January 2009 11:53:46 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > I'm perfectly happy with it on desktop-type boxes, but for my dedicated
> > mythtv frontend box, I did get annoyed by pulseaudio and deep-sixed it.
> > My main problem is that it interfered with me outputting raw digital
> > audio via spdif to my amp, iirc. Supposedly, that can be made to work
> > now, but I just didn't feel like screwing around with it...
>
> I dunno.  I've got some application (maybe skype?) outputting tons of
> these to my terminal:
>
> ALSA lib pulse.c:272:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused

Haven't seen that one myself, but I did just peek at dmesg and the
system log on my workstation for stuff... Nothing in dmesg, but I do
get slightly different spew at various different intervals while audio
is moving around the system, along these lines:

Jan 30 11:39:43 xenon pulseaudio[4466]: module-alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 353.20 ms

I see 'em as often as 15 seconds apart, and as infrequent as 23 minutes
apart from earlier this morning. I think it was pidgin triggering these.

Lets just say there are still some kinks being ironed out... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org