TrueCrypt

> If there's a lot of small files that change often, bundling them into an
> encryption partition makes sense.  For larger individual files that change
> independantly, GPG is the way to go.
>
> Whichever method you end up using, make sure you have your key securely
> backed up as well.  There's nothing worse than having securely backed up and
> encrypted data that you can't open.
>
> --
> Greg

There are very few files that I will need to encrypt.  The reason that
I was thinking of using TrueCrypt is so that I can store files to a
folder where they are automatically encrypted.  Since, I plan on
backing up my data to Amazon storage everyday, I want to make sure
that the files are auto encrypted just in case I forgot to encrypt
before the backup.  I guess that I could write a script that performs
the encryption to the folder prior to backing it up to Amazon using
Rsync

I am also worried about encrypting a folder with data and losing the
private key.  I have already done this and I just started messing with
it.  I am new to this type of stuff so I don't have a strategy on the
best way to maintain keys.

How do people backup data and keep a copy of their personal info such
as bank stuff and passwords secure?

Jay