Motorola sb4100 cable modem vs newer?

On 02/24/2009 07:21 AM, Scott R. Ehrlich wrote:
> In a recent conversation with Comcast customer service, they reviewed m=
y=20
> account and reminded me I still had an old, leased, SB4100 cable modem,=
=20
> and encouraged me to upgrade to a newer one.
>
> I am wondering if there is any difference between the SB4100 and a newe=
r=20
> device?  Would I gain anything from an upgrade, or would only Comcast?
>
> I currently have their economy Internet service and don't need anything=
=20
> faster.
What is your measured download performance. I just checked mine and I a=20
about 23Mbps/7Mbps. I switched to Digital Voice a few years ago and have =

a leased Arris, but before that I had an SB4100 that I bought for under=20
$50 then Comcast upgraded it to an SB5100 free. I don't know the=20
difference between the SB4100 and the SB5100. I do know that the SB5100=20
is 100baseT where the 4100 is 10baseT. Some forums say that the 5100 is=20
more stable, but then there is some discussion about the 5120. My=20
experience with the SB4100 and SB5100 was good.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846