Anyone using Ubuntu 9.04?

I was thinking of upgrading my laptop this weekend.  It sounds pretty
stable.

If you're using it, did you do a fresh install or an upgrade from Ibex?

I read one disturbing thing from
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Ubuntu-904-the-Jaunty-Jackalope-Sports-Modest-Software-Improvements-But-Big-Plans-535187/?kc=EWKNLLIN04282009STR1

"Also along the lines of making its graphics configuration less arcane,
9.04 is the first Ubuntu release to do away with the Vulcan-death-grip
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace key combination that you can use on most Linux
distributions to dislodge misbehaving graphical applications by killing
your X server session. Once upon a time, this came in handy fairly
often, and the fact that it's become an anachronism is a mark of Linux's
maturity."

Huh??!!  WTF would they remove the ability to kill the X server?  I
don't care how damn stable they say it is, sometimes you get a
hard-to-kill process and you just want to nuke from orbit without a
complete restart.  Sometimes when I lose sound and I don't know what's
got a hold of the device, that's my only recourse.  Can someone confirm
this blasphemy for me?

This article also says it breaks the ATI proprietary drivers, which
doesn't affect me, but is too bad.

ext4 sounds too risky for me, though better handling of big files would
be handy on my MythTV drives.