[OT] Verizon FIOS residential costs?

Hello Scott:

My observation is that both Verizon and Comcast want to charge you
$150/month for tv/video/phone, but if pressured will take $100.  If
you are new, they give you the $100 deal.  When that time is up, sure,
they will ask for the $150.  Then call either company is a call and
threaten to switch.  They cannot offer the $100 deal forever because
that would hurt their bottom line - the folks who won't make a call to
bargain down the $150/month fee.  To me, this is basic market
economics: charge more to those who never challenge, have a standard
lower fee for hagglers.  The same thing happens with cars.  In two
years time, both the sucker/haggler numbers may go up or down, but I
would bet on down.

Doug