what window manager / desktop environment do you use?

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 14:52 -0400, Ryan Pugatch wrote:
> Always curious what people are using.. I am using Xfce these days with Xfwm.

ahhh :) Given that I have the luxury of a fast machine with good memory
and a nice NVidia card, I use :

Gnome (latest with ubuntu 9.04) + Compiz fusion over dual 1680 x 1050
ViewSonic flat screens, with 5 virtual inline desktops shared across
both monitors.

I favorite past time has been pushing the limits of Compiz fusion and
then trying to take a screenshot while the two monitors are showing
warped cylindrical five sided desktop 'cubes' (for want of a better
word). The resulting 'artifact riddled' screenshot is almost its own art
form!

I tried Xfce, installed it and rebooted to try it out, but when I set
the Xfce session and logged in all I got was two black screens, and a
nice white movable mouse (X mouse not console mouse). I havent had the
time to find out why yet...

Richard
--
ref <tbs-Gb/NUjX2UK8 at public.gmane.org>