suggestion for USB IR receiver for MythTV?

On 06/13/2009 11:59 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jarod Wilson<jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>  writes:
>
>> On Jun 11, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Ben Eisenbraun<bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> I'm doing a bit of maintenance on my Mythbuntu machine, and I figured
>>> it's time to pull the no-longer-useful Hauppauge WinTV card, but it's
>>> running the IR receiver for my remote.  Is there a definitely
>>> compatible
>>> USB-based IR receiver for MythTV these days?
>>>
>>> I've googled for this on and off over the last year, and it seems most
>>> people opt for serial, but I'd like to reserve the single serial
>>> port on
>>> the machine for my technical putterings.
>> Never been a fan of any of the serial stuff... Get a Window Media
>> Center remote and receiver bundle, they work great (and support damn
>> near any remote).
>>
>> Or an iMON device, if you want to get fancy w/button and/or a display
>> on your case.
>
> I use a StreamZap.  But there aren't quite enough buttons.

What I'm actually using right now for my frontend is an MCE receiver
with a Logitech Harmony 880 remote, but I'm looking at finally making
use of the iMON device I've had for a while now:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzEy

I've been touching up the lirc_imon driver significantly the past week
or so, and looking around for a mini-itx case that has dual 5.25" bays
so I can put this and a Zotac ION motherboard in it... Only case I've
found that fits the bill so far is this one:

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/venus_668b

--jarod