MythTV/Comcast going all digital TV in Cambridge [OT]

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Richard Pieri <richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>

> Probably, yes.  That's the nature of cable networks.  But like I said,
> Comcast is required by federal regulations to provide unencrypted
> channels if you could get those channels over the air.  They have to
> give it to you if you ask.
>
> This isn't HDCP.  This is the signal on the wire from the central
> office to your receiver.

Got it now.  They do provide the over the air as clear QAM to me now.   They
currently provide me about 45 channels as analog
that are not over the air.  Reading between the lines, these channels will
probably go encrypted QAM for me in October.

Bill Bogstad