Boston Linux Meeting Wed, July 15, 2009 Another Look at MythTV and MythDora

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Jarod Wilson<jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> what exactly do people planning to attend most
> want to hear about?

this is timely, i have questions ...

* how can I use mythTV eg MythBuntu and eg Haupage parts to build a DTV DVR?

* is there a choice besides Haupage?
* What's the limit on how many DTV tuners and analog capture cards can
be installed? active recording? playing?
* will they work with off-air, ComCast, or DiSH SD, HD, remnant analog?
* how does IR blaster work?
* is there a system76 style integrator that will preinstall and preconfigure
   so it's not a six weekend google-and-irc HELP project?
* can it do the pause live show then fast forward?
* better help - is there an uptodate book? or wiki/web?
* what disk arch is good for this?

--
Bill
n1vux-WYrOkVUspZo at public.gmane.org bill.n1vux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org