best office/home office setup - the telecommuter

On 07/26/2009 05:42 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
> <mailto:jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>> wrote:
>

>         The Advanced Dock for T60 & W/T500 has slot for pci-mini to add
>         second
>         graphics adapter, wwhich would get you the secondd dvi.
>

>     What kind of slot?
>
>     I presume its the same Advanced Dock that I have for my T61. The
>     slot is PCI Express. Its a physical x16 slot, but electrical x8 or
>     x4, iirc, but you can indeed put a PCIE graphics card in it (it just
>     won't run at maximum efficiency w/less PCIE lanes to work with).
>

> yes T60,61 use same dock. that is the critter.
> shoult allow dual dvi with right card, right?

Yup, it should indeed. So that would give you VGA out and DVI out on the
dock itself and dual DVI on the video card... I wonder how much "fun"
getting four monitors going would be... Sounds like something I should
try in the office some day. :)

--jarod