Netbooks

hi

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Which model do you own and like, or
> have on your wishlist, and why?

well, i have an asus 900 from over a year ago. so it's old in the
world of netbooks.

it's not the best computer that i've owned, and the keyboard took some
getting used to, and my battery is shit; but i run ububtu netbook
remix on it and am mostly happy with it.

it's a bit like a toy, but i have always liked playing with toys. i
started using it after my ibook got ripped off. it's very portable,
and i like to think that the power consumption is minimal [although i
don't know this for a fact] ...

i use it for email and web and it's fine. i may try doing some music
on it [chuck].

i wouldn't think it's a high margin item, so the computer
manufacturers are probably not that interested in promoting them ...

it's a very utilitarian machine.

--
<sig name="\js" random_punctuation="(,::?" />