Problems with sudo

Dan Ritter writes:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:49:21PM -0500, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> > Dan Ritter writes:
> >
> > [in a hypothetical memo from senior_manager]
> > >   Root or administrative privileges are available by default for
> > >   your desktop (or laptop) systems. You must keep the existing
> > >   /etc/sudoers file intact to allow sysadmin staff to assist
> > >   you.
> > >
> > >   No one will directly use a root or administrative privileged
> > >   account on any development or production system, except for
> > >   authorized sysadmin staff. Privileges may be granted via
> > >   'sudo' for specific users on specific machines.
> >
> > OK, I'll bite.
[...]
> If it's your desktop machine or the moral equivalent thereof, you install
> it yourself, preferably from the company's local repository.

I agree with this.  But then again, all of the machines that exist in
my work area are either my "desktop" machines or my "development"
machines, and, just to be really really clear, the line between a
"desktop" machine and a "development" machine is pretty fuzzy in my
book.  I don't get hung up on trying to precisely define the lines
here either, and all that I've ever done with desktop/development
machines is make companies money...

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                God, I loved that Pontiac.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                -- Tom Waits