CMS Security

Hi Everyone I have a question about CMS websites.

My boss has asked me to create a website for a payroll company and I am not
about to design it from scratch so I thought my best bet would be to do it
through a CMS such as joomla or drupal.

My biggest concern is security.  As this is a payroll company there will
bank information, and a lot of money handling so security and functionality
are my two most important subjects that I want to focus on.

First off do both offer good security?  Should I scratch the whole idea
entirely?  Which one do you think would have better modules to work with
that I could set up and work with?

Any general input would be very helpful this is a pretty big project. I
don't want to start into it to find out that it is larger than I expected or
this was dumb to begin with.

Thanks everyone for your support.  Also when is the next linux installfest I
want to create one of these mythtv boxes you all talk about but I have no
idea where to start.