internet connection

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM, j. daniel moylan
<moylan-HQzwBsY/FLGupFW5nWxcUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> bill bogstad wrote:

>>> Ubuntu 9.10 uses network manager as the default. Network Manager runs as
>>> a GUI applet. I don't have Ubuntu installed any more, but if I recall,
>>> there is a setting that you can adjust for it to come up at boot time.
>
>> I think Jerry is right about the cause and there may be a
>> way to get Network Manager to always run.
>
> maybe so, but i've perused the man pages, looked everywhere
> in /etc/NetworkManager, and have not yet found a clue.
>
>> I prefer to just statically configure the network instead.
>> My solution is to configure static network connections in:
>
> my preference too. ?always did this before, but ...
>
>> /etc/network/interfaces

Well I can confirm that it still works for non-wireless Ubuntu 9.10
systems as that's how I have a couple of wired desktops set up at the
moment.  I'm also using static addresses rather then the DHCP that you
are using.  It's possible that either of these differences might be
why it doesn't work for you.

I also try going into the networkmanager applet for each user and
disabling wireless.

Also the section 3.6.2. Configuring Wireless Network Settings using
network-admin (Network Admin)
of https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper
sounds very relevant to your situation.

Good Luck,