iPad

> I am interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

Let me put it this way:  MS was sued for bundling IE with Windows.  But
that's dumb; every OS comes with at least one browser.  You need a browser
in order to download another browser.  What was MS supposed to do?  Sell
windows with no IE, and Netscape installed instead?  Even now that the
lawsuit is in force in Europe, and MS is not allowed to distribute IE with
Windows, every OEM distributor includes IE anyway with the systems they
sell.

The iPad and iPhone prohibit you from installing anything other than safari.
They prohibit flash.  And google voice.  And java.  And a million other
things.  This is far worse than just including the browser with the device
or OS.

When I buy a device, the attractive feature is the fact that it was designed
to do something I want, in order to serve me and my interests.  Lure me to
buy your product by your awesome features.  Don't sell me a product that's
designed just to perpetually strap me for more cash, to suit your purposes.
Apple.  If I want Google Voice, and Google Voice is willing to give me their
software ... Allow me to install it.  The app store is evil.

I hate it, and I hate everything about it.  Plus people seem to be planning
to use it as an e-reader, which I think is crazy.  The best thing about my
kindle is the e-ink screen, which I can read on a sunny afternoon in the
park.  If you're going to look at a glowing screen, I personally would much
prefer an OS that I control.