Debian dual boot with Windows 7

> One of the issue with Windows is they have "unmovable" files. The defrag
> not only will not move some of the critical files used in boot, but also
> "hidden" files. Some vendors allocate 2 partitions for Windows, one is
> the main Windows partition, and the other is a recovery partition.
> Gparted will allow you to move an entire partition. So, if you have
> resized /dev/sda1 (eg C:) and you have free space between it and
> /dev/sda2, you can move /dev/sda2 to be adjacent to sda1. That will
> consolidate all your freee space, so you can allocate the third physical
> partition as an extended partition.
>
> Another trick if you have 2 Windows partitions leaving a hole, you can
> use LVM to essentially fill the hole.

It seems that there are other people with the same partition problem as me.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/thread/656014d2-a516-46e6-a841-d0f9333ecb48

I was just beginning to like Windows 7.

I will look play around with Gparted and see what happens.  It is
comforting to know that LVM can fill the hole.  Would Windows 7 need
to be configured to accept LVM or will it be done in the background?

jay

Jay