gnome, ubuntu 10.4

jerry writes:
> On 05/08/2010 06:09 PM, j. daniel moylan wrote:
>> having just upgraded to ubuntu 10.4, i find the screen locked
>> after yumpidy min or so inactivity.  where is the magic entry
>> hidden to disable this?

> I have not seen this behavior on my laptop. Look at your
> screensaver and power management settings. Does a
> ctrl-alt-f2 ring you a command line login or is the keyboard
> locked too.

no, the keyboard is not locked.

> Additionally, when you mean the screen is locked, I assume
> that it is either screen saver issues or power management
> and not an application hanging the screen.

no, no ... sorry for not being clear.  when the computer is
idle for X min, it locks the screen and puts up the normal
login, requiring password entry -- as though one had typed
ctl-alt-l.   is this a screensaver issue?  i tried
/usr/bin/gnome-screensaver (as suggested in HELP) but an
error message says it's already running.

HELP also suggests that all screensaver preferences are to
be found in the GConf configuration source -- great, but
where is it?  i haven't been able to find it.

tia,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave