[Position-available] UNIX Systems Administrator opening in Waltham, MA

Contact: Erica Prado, Recruiter
Email: eprado-ryqYPTgeUFpWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org<mailto:eprado-ryqYPTgeUFpWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>

http://www.netsuite.com/portal/career/jobs/products/9.shtml

Engineering Operations: UNIX Systems Administrator (Boston, MA)

At NetSuite Inc., our vision is to help mid-size businesses and divisions of large companies run their businesses better by providing the market's leading integrated, online business management software suite for accounting/ERP, customer relationship management (CRM) and ecommerce. With products such as NetSuite, NetSuite OneWorld and NetSuite CRM+, we already meet the business software needs of over 6,500 customers worldwide. And as an industry leader, we value the uniqueness, creativity and innovation each employee brings, whether in the areas of engineering, sales, marketing, operations, customer advocacy, IT, or corporate resources. Our employees drive our vision and make our success possible.

Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite-working alongside other talented, driven individuals, and helping the burgeoning mid-size business market achieve its goals. NetSuite is where business is going. If you would like to be part of an organization that's going places, apply now.

Job Description:

This position is for a UNIX Administrator in the UNIX / Network Operations group.
The employee will focus mainly on being our hands on liaison in our disaster recovery location and provide critical remote datacenter support.

Required:

 *   5+ years Unix with at least 2+ years RHEL Linux experience required.
 *   Deep understanding of operating system concepts, services, and security requirements for an on-line service.
 *   Must be able to work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 oncall conditions.
 *   Superior scripting skills, preferably in sh/csh/perl to automate farm wide jobs
 *   Solid understanding of storage concepts and requirements... e.g NFS/ISCSI/FC, RAID technologies, LVM, disk io bottlenecks
 *   Excellent working knowledge of DNS, HTTP/S, SSH, LDAP, PXE/DHCP/TFTP.
 *   Experience in managing equipment in a collocation environment. Data center asset management and running a neat, clean wired environment is a must.
 *   Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, firewall, networking protocols and security concepts.
 *   Take part of 24x7x365 oncall rotation

Preferred:

 *   Experience with management of large compute and serving clusters and associated issues such as automation, configuration management, deployment, inventory, hardware troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, etc. (Oracle is a plus)
 *   Experience with Nagios, Munin, Cricket, Fedora LDAP, Spacewalk, and various open source monitoring tools
 *   Plan, design, and build scalable Unix systems and complex back-end storage systems
 *   Has previously led big projects that had huge production impact
 *   Deep understanding of WAN replication
 *   Created wholescale automation tools whether it would be ran through command line, scheduling or a web interface

Erica Prado | Contract Recruiter
NetSuite Inc.
NYSE: N

About NetSuite:  NetSuite enables mid-market companies and corporate divisions to manage all key business operations in a single system, which includes accounting/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Ecommerce. NetSuite is delivered as a Web-based service, so there is no hardware to procure and no software to manage on-premise.  Founded in 1998 by Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle Corp.), NetSuite is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol 'N'. Learn more at www.netsuite.com<http://www.netsuite.com/>