And we thought they were dead :-)

Much of the litigation has already been paid for. Without the Unix IP,
SCO has virtually no assets and their IBM suit is moot. The IBM lawsuit
is the important one. It is in this suit where they can establish Linux
infringement, but they need the Unix IP. While it was a contract issue
between SCO and IBM, it involves "derivative" works, primarily NUMA and
SMP that IBM contributed into the Linux kernel. They also claimed some
copyright infringement, but they never isolated the code and the judge
threw that out.  But, without the Unix IP, they cannot claim that Linux
infringes on any IP owned by SCO, and Novell waived their rights.

I don't know where all the $$$ come from. They did take significant
money from Microsoft and Sun, but in bankruptcy, they also got a loan
from Ralph Yarrow.

Since Judge Cahn has elected to carry this through, there has got to be
some pressure from the existing Board of Directors.=20

On 07/08/2010 12:15 PM, dan-dChtYZcB954 at public.gmane.org wrote:
>  > And we thought they were dead :-)
>
> Seriously, where is the $$$ coming from to continue
> this charade?  So many suits with real justice at stake
> are abandoned or settled to avoid the mounting cost of
> uphill legal battles...
>
>  =20

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix