linux sound cards

Hi BLU,

With my enthusiasm of upgrading my desktop to a server mother board, I
forgot about the sound. most motherboards have had onboard sound
support, being desktop motherboards, and the various linux distributions
I've used seemed to have found the device and configured it perfectly
without my having to tweek configuration files. Now I need to go out and
buy a sound card, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, watch
out's etc. regarding the card. I don't want to spend more than $30 for
it, and all I need it is to plug my speakers so I can listen to the
radio over the internet...

thanks. Steve.