mcelong reports AMD DRAM Parity Error?

On Nov 19, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Jarod Wilson <jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> On Nov 18, 2010, at 10:30 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>> Does this mean I have a busted CPU?  Or busted RAM?
>>
>> RAM. However, its not a fatal error, its simply a corrected
>> ecc error. I'm told this is all a single event here, and the
>> event was the corrected ecc error, anyway. So you might want
>> to replace some memory at some point, but hey, its ecc memory
>> doing what its designed to do here.
>
> Is there an easy way to figure out which bank of RAM had the error?
>
> I guess I can wait until I have another issue..

Its a mixed bag. For some boards, its quite simple, others, well,
notsomuch... I'm particularly unsure how to do it with mcelog,
but at least w/edac, there's an edac-utils userspace that can,
among other things, upload an address/bank/whatever to slot
mapping for specific motherboards...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org