Novell agrees to be acquired by Attachmate.

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Richard Pieri
>
> On Nov 23, 2010, at 9:31 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure how this will affect the Linux community at this time. Note
>
> Probably not at all.  It doubt that Microsoft even wants the UNIX patents,
> never mind that a strong Linux community is Microsoft's best defense
against
> monopoly litigation.  I figure that it is the Netware copyright and
patents that
> Microsoft is picking up.

I think it has to do with that 2006 deal.  MS and Novell exchanged millions
of dollars and patents, making Windows Server and SLES (and their respective
virtualization) somehow more compatible with each other, and MS Office
versus OpenOffice.  I don't know any details there, but it's easy to see how
MS could possibly have something to lose by Novell changing ownership.

I don't really know what that's all about.