Virtual machine

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of aldo albanese
>
> I have been using VM Oracle VirtualBox.  I heard other people using
> Microsoft Virtual Machine desktop.  I was wondering which virtual desktop
> you like best and why.  The main OS is Windows 7.

Virtualbox is pretty good for what you get for free.  But it's kind of
buggy, the performance isn't great, you can't customize your "host" key to
the point of being useful for me, it's not compatible with any other
hypervisor, etc...  Long story short, it's pretty good for what you get for
free, but considering other products in the $50 to $150 range are pretty
cheap, I would recommend a commercial product if you use it on a daily
basis.  Just stick with Virtualbox if you use it rarely or lightly.

If you're running windows inside of windows, the preferred tool would be MS.

If you're running anything else, the preferred tool would be VMWare
workstation.  Features, stability, and speed and compatibility are head and
shoulders over virtualbox or MS, except when running MS in MS in MS.