rhel 6 fustrations...

On 12/02/2010 04:20 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:08 PM, Dan Kressin wrote:
>
>> --- On Thu, 12/2/10, Jarod Wilson<jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>>> Says system-config-samba has been removed from the distro.
>>> Not sure exactly why though.
>> FWIW, in trying to find an answer for the OP, I found a broken reference in the release notes:
>>
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Release_Notes/index.html
>>
>> Section 14.1 (Samba) is brokenly references to http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-Samba.html
> D'oh, fail. I've pinged someone internally about fixing it.
>
> Thanks much,

Hi Jerod, since you're "on the inside" is the dropping of the samba
config tool because its not considered to be part of the desktop
product? The underlying server packages are provided so removing the
configuraiton tool is odd.
Also, for some reason the sound card, which was supported under rhel5,
is not supported under rhel6... I guess I should open a bug report on it?...

lspci for the sound card under 2.6.32 gives...

01:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)

Cheers. Steve.