Virtual machine

> From: discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org [mailto:discuss-bounces-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org] On Behalf
> Of Jerry Feldman
>
> Also VMWare Player is a reasonable free desktop alternative. While it is
> unable to create VMs, you can easily download a VM that you want.

Actually, this has changed.  Now VMWare Player can create VM's and run VM's
that were created by Workstation or ESXi.

I don't know in which ways Player is crippled compared to Workstation, as
I've never tried Player.

(http://www.vmware.com/products/player/faqs.html)
VMware Player is software that enables users to easily create and run
virtual machines on a Windows or Linux PC. VMware Player now creates virtual
machines in addition to running virtual machines created by VMware
Workstation, VMware Fusion, VMware Server, or VMware ESX and supports
Microsoft virtual machines and Symantec LiveState Recovery disk formats.