linux sound...

When I upgraded to fedora 14, my vmware sound stopped working. I think
this is an old standing issue relating OSS, ALSA and all those bits
which totally confuse me. Does anyone know what it takes to get VMWare
to play with the linux sound system? Currently, it claims it cannot find
/dev/dsp, which indeed is not there. When I do a "modprobe snd_pcm_oss"
the /dev/dsp shows up, but when VMWare tries to connect to it, it throws
"device busy" error. I'm wondering if there is some other alsa type
driver which is failing to load which will give VMWare access to the
sound system.

Thanks guys.

Steve.