             David
             Rosenstrauch
             <darose-prQxUZoa2zOzQB+pC5nmwQ at public.gmane.org                                          To
             t>                        discuss-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
             discuss-bounces at b
             lu.org                                                Subject
                                       Re: So, about that IT job market...

             07/07/2010 12:02
             PM

On 07/07/2010 11:07 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> Thoughts? Is the economy improving, the IT sector, or do we just
> have a new generation of overly optimistic recruiters?

I've also been contacted by a lot of recruiters recently.

I'd say definitely (b), and a some bit of (a) as well.  There's a bunch
of factors contributing to this, IMO:

* companies are "unfreezing" their hiring freezes

* companies are starting to grow/make money again

* companies are finally starting to realize their employees are burned
out doing multiple jobs and so are forced to hire

* employees are starting to leave for better jobs, and so they need to
hire replacements

etc.

DR