Looking for possible options to NetApp storage

Hello to all:

When you buy a NetApp appliance and corresponding disks, you are
buying the value add of snapshot technology and many other unique and
special features that make up a NetApp.

Now, say you have available shelving or drive bays.    NetApp
shelves/storage additions cost a lot of money.   Say you want to add
40 - 200+ TB.   Say you have a need to add more (multi terabyte) disk
storage, be it from NetApp oir someone else.

For the same amount of money, or less, for enterprise-level storage
and backup, what might people recommend?  Companies?  Technologies?

One example that comes to mind is building a RAID from SuperMicro -
maybe the SuperChassis 847E26-R1400UB (just a random example).

Keeping a backup of the data would be nice - maybe disk to disk.   The
primary storage would maintain the active set, and the backup could
possibly do nightly backups?

This is just one random idea.    Good overall I/O and uptime are
important items, too.

I'd appreciate people's insights of companies, products, prices, etc.

I've not been in the high-end storage market for a long time, so I'd
enjoy getting an updated education on the options   I've been asked to
present my findings by early next week.   At the moment, cost is not
that critical - just need to perform information collection so I have
a good idea of what similar dollars might get me if I went with option
A vs option B vs option C, etc.

Thanks.

Scott