Windows 7

I have a year old computer that is pretty much laid out.  Anyway.  I
have installed various versions of 64 bit Linux with no problems.  I
also install a 32 bit of Win 7 with not problems however it took
several hours.  This weekend I decided to reinstall a 64 bit version
of windows 7.  I can not install it-- It keeps bombing.  I went to the
Microsoft site and they recommend updating BIOS and all the chipset
drivers.  I did that--No cigar.  I started Googling for help.  Many
people are having the same problem.  I thought that you might be
interested in the solution that one person posted"

I was having this same issue on a brand new build...

Quad Core i5-750
Geil DDR3 PC3-17000 4GB (2x2GB)
Asus P7P55D Mobo
Radeon HD 4870

After trying a multitude of things to fix it I finally solved it by
manually setting my DRAM voltage to the Geil recommended 1.65v (for
some reason the auto voltage was set at 1.8v) and my CAS timings to
the Geil recommended 9-9-9-28.

I also read on another forum that it's best to do a clean install with
only one DIMM in the socket and always flash the CMOS when
reformatting once you have everything hooked up.

Just about finished installing Win 7 now...wish me luck..looks like
I'm in the clear though.