[Discuss] Linux Mail Server That Sends Email to Exchange Servers

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Chris O'Connell
>
> I'm looking or an open source email server that allows me to send email
> messages to an Exchange server.  I've researched Postfix, but have never
> been able to get it to send an email to an exchange account.
>
> Any thoughts?

Um...  If you think that something like sendmail or postfix or exim or
whatever can't send mail to a recipient who happens to be running exchange
or lotus or gmail or whatever, then I think you're smoking crack.   ;-)

I think I probably don't get your question, or else you're totally crazy.
I'm thinking it's probably the former.  ;-)

I'm thinking you probably left out a vital detail.  Like ... You're trying
to configure postfix as a smart relay to apply a filter to inbound or
outbound messages before they land in an exchange datastore...   Or when you
send mail from your server to a recipient who uses exchange, they don't get
it, and your server is on a ___ comcast or verizon or whatever home internet
connection that blocks outbound port 25 or at least sometimes does...   Or
maybe you've never heard of SPF, or reverse DNS, so your outbound server
doesn't have it configured, and the recipient (who happens to be running
exchange) is rejecting the message accordingly...

I suggest either quitting the crack, or tell us why you believe postfix
can't send mail to exchange.   ;-)